ICONalyst Updates: ICONex Integration and more!
I know it's been awhile, but i'm back on track with ICON related development. A new update, among several planned, has gone live! This update is centered around ICONex integration and bug fixes which have laid the ground work for further more interesting and, if I may say so, meaningful enhancements. The old authentication methods for ICONalyst are no more.
The functionality of the application has been largely re-engineered around ICONex (and soon other wallets) for any user interaction. As a result, you will no longer be required to perform our multi-step authentication process to register an account with an email and password. All methods of interaction with ICONalyst (P-Rep profile management, user settings management, logging in, and more) going forward will be handled through ICONex.
As a result of this, any account performing an action which requires validation must have enough ICX to pay the transaction fee. While ICONalyst has always recorded user interactions on-chain, it is now done in a more decentralized and official manner! Yes, using ICONalyst helps the network generate transactions!
NOTICE TO P-REPS: Tracked accounts are no only added through ICONex. Existing accounts will not be removed, but you will be unable to update accounts that you do not have access to through ICONex.
Additionally "discussions" and posts on P-Rep profiles are temporarily disabled while they are brought up to speed with the new authentication processes.
Some other updates and fixes with this release include:
- P-Rep transactions and financial summaries have been refined. Transactions leaving the P-Rep account are considered "transferred" unless they are transferred to another P-Rep owned account. Transactions that are between registered P-Rep accounts (managed in the P-Rep profile) are ignored for these purposes.
- Fixed a bug that was doubling "owned ICX" on P-Rep profiles.
- The overall UI has been cleaned up and some superfluous or out dated information has been removed. The home page will be updated in future releases to display more useful information about P-Rep activities.
- The P-Rep "popularity" metric has been removed. It will not return.
- There have been a few updates to the underlying systems responsible for collecting and updating P-Rep data automatically.
- Most help topics are now out dated and will be updated in the future to reflect these changes. For now, reach out on telegram if you have questions (link below).
There are a number of additional updates that are planned and/or being worked on currently. These will be released in phases over the next few weeks. These include:
- Integration with Reliant Node's "Projects" API to report on P-Rep contributions (these also come from icon.community.com).
- Delegation histories & metrics on P-Rep profiles, largely to help identify how P-reps are being voted for.
- More in-depth transaction analysis tools, largely centered around transaction summaries for un-reported accounts the P-Rep is transferring too.
- A new P-Rep rating system for users to rate P-Reps on various categories.
- New correlated and summarized metrics to sort and filter P-Reps by including contributions, financial comparisons, user ratings, governance, social media activities and more.
- Updating and expanding on user discussions on P-Rep profiles and integration with ICONex.
- More "social" feed integrations for P-Reps with configured social end points like Reddit, Facebook and others.
- Email updates & notifications for both On-Chain and P-Rep triggered events
- Numerous UI enhancements and refinements.
Lastly, if you like ICONalyst and have ideas on how to improve it, suggestions or issues please reach out to us on Telegram: here, or through any of our social media or other listed contact methods found below.
Lots to do! Onward!
Published on 6/3/2020 2:58:20 PM